The Body Beautiful ~ Common-Sense Ideas on Health and Beauty without Medicine
by: Nannette Magruder Pratt
Read by: Dianne Brin -- Time: 3 hours 57 minutes
Price = $21.00
--- What am I buying?
Written with the sedentary middle-aged woman in mind, this audiobook describes the fundamentals for good fitness and complexion.
[Adult (non-fiction) - fitness] Originally published 1902.
Edited by: Rick Blade
Like they say about basketball, you can't win without good fundamentals. Nothing difficult, nothing exotic; just practical, common-sense advice to help you feel and look your best, the natural way.
Note: "Hunyadi water" is imported mineral water from the Hunyadi Janos Springs of Budapest, Hungary.
- The Meaning of Physical Culture
- Why water should not be taken with meals.
- Thorough mastication of food necessary.
- Ice water injurious.
- Tea, coffee, and stimulants.
- Better to take no liquid with meals.
- Health drinks.
- Foods Digestible and Indigestible
- Foods to be avoided.
- Soda fountain concoctions.
- Lemonade and mineral waters.
- Advice about water drinking while traveling.
- List of clean, wholesome foods.
- Hot water the first thing in the morning.
- Stop coffee and tea gradually.
- All diseases come from bad blood.
- Dieting in a boarding house.
- Injurious to eat between meals.
- Two meals a day.
- Heaviest meal in the middle of the day if possible.
- The Complaint of a Stomach
- How the stomach is overtaxed.
- The pity of liquid with meals.
- The Kidneys
- How they can be rested.
- Diet list for a kidney-rest.
- Cure for it.
- Corset one of the causes.
- Ideas about cleansing blood.
- When impurities have been removed begin on clean diet.
- About Meat
- Too much meat a tax to digestion.
- Beef, mutton, or lamb once a day.
- Health Bath
- The kind of brush to use.
- Bath tub not necessary.
- Sleeping, Tight Lacing, and a Word to Fleshy and Thin People
- About sleeping.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Tight lacing.
- A word to fleshy people.
- What to eat to reduce flesh.
- A word to thin people.
- Outdoor Exercises
- How to climb stairs.
- Horseback riding.
- Swimming, golf, bicycle riding.
- Health and beauty recipe.
- Ten or twenty breaths at the open window every morning.
- Care of the Teeth, Hair, Hands, and Feet
- Mouth wash recommended.
- How to treat the scalp.
- Rubber gloves necessary in housework.
- Be good to your feet.
- How to Cure a Cold without Medicine, etc.
- Do not sleep on feather bed.
- Cold room for sleeping described.
- How to cure chronic sore throat.
- Why Mondays are called "Blue Mondays."
- How I reduced my weight from 165 pounds to 135 pounds.
- Specific Rules for Reducing Flesh
- In order to be well necessary to keep organs free from superfluous flesh.
- Exercise and diet.
- How to Put on Flesh
- Diet list.
- Massage - exercise.
- For the Complexion
- Keep stomach clean.
- Perspiration of Hands and Feet
- Good circulation necessary and clean diet.
- Punching bag.
- A Punch-bowl Episode
- What exercise will do.
- About inherited diseases.
- Chronic ill health a thing to be ashamed of.
- Learn to breathe correctly.
- Consumption in its incipiency cured by physical culture.
- Necessity of developing the lungs of children.
- Name and Description of Exercises
- Abdominal Breathing.
- Raise Feet.
- Sit Up.
- Back on Heels.
- Limber Waist.
- Hands Over Head.
- Tips of Fingers to Floor.
- Wrist Exercise.
- Expand Chest.
- Chest Developer.
- Bicycle Exercise.
- Arm Exercise.
- Back Exercise No. 1.
- Back Exercise No. 2.
- Neck Exercise.
- West Point Spread.
- Raise Knees to Chest.
- To start circulation and reduce hips.
- Bath and rub-down after exercising.
- Specific Exercises for Reducing and Developing the Body. For Indigestion and the Liver
- Exercises for general use.
- Exercises for reducing abdomen.
- Exercises for indigestion.
- Exercises for the liver.
- Exercises for bust and chest development.
- Exercises for developing arms.
- Exercises for developing neck.
- Exercises for strengthening back.
- Exercises for making waist supple.
- Exercises for developing the legs.
- Exercises for reducing hips.
- Health Meals for One Week
- Question Department
- A Few Health Rules in a Nutshell
- Creme Marquise - a fine cold cream.
- Astringent face wash.
- Lotion for the face and hands.
- Hair tonic.
- Sedative wash.
- Improved flaxseed poultice.
Nannette Magruder Pratt was a well traveled Chicago socialite, who became a respected practitioner of "Physical Culture".
Payment is processed on a 100% Secure Server.
Audiobook is in immediately downloadable MP3 format.
Size = 326Mb. A broadband connection is recommended.
Audience = Adult 16+
Non-Fiction Subject = Fitness
BIC = VFM (Fitness and diet)
DDC = 613 (Technology / Medical sciences; Medicine / Promotion of health)
BISAC = HEA000000 (HEALTH & FITNESS / General)
(This audiobook is for entertainment purposes only)
New - Catalog - About
Copyright Autumn 2008, CoolBeat Audiobook Publishing
This page is Lynx, JAWS, and WebTV friendly